PGRC Greenbelt Park Runs
Prince George's Running Club meets at 8 AM on Saturday mornings in Greenbelt National Park. The meeting point is Sweetgum Picnic area (take a right at the stop sign at the top of the rise after you enter). We run in all weather.
The park is a very nice area to run or walk. It includes both low-traffic road (please run facing traffic) and several trails. There are several routes on either road or trail, from just over a mile to over 5 miles:
Trail and Road/Trail Mix
- Follow the loop from the parking lot entrance -- approximately 1.5 miles
- Run down to the fence and back -- approximately 3 miles
- Run past the fence to the highway and back -- approximately 4 miles
- Run to highway and back, and on your way back loop through the campground -- approximately 5.5 miles
- Do the preceding plus the loop from the parking lot -- approximately 7 miles
- Run the Azalea Trail (White blazes) from Sweetgum -- approximately 1.25 miles
- Run to Dogwood Trail (approximately 0.5 miles) (Red/Brown blazes) and follow short loop of Dogwood (1.4 miles) and back -- approximately 2.4 miles total
- Run to Perimeter trail, down it to road (approximately 2 miles of trail), and come back on road. (approximately 1.5 miles) -- approximately 3.5 miles total.
- Run full Perimeter trail loop -- approximately 5.5 miles
Return to Main Page
Last Modified 16 January 2007
Last Reviewed 16 January 2007