PGRC Tuesday Track Workout
- Location: University of Maryland, College Park, Kehoe Track at Ludwig Stadium
- Time: 6:30-8:00pm. Warm-up starts at 6:30pm, first repeat starts at 7:00pm.
- Who: All club members, guests, and visitors. All paces and experience levels. Children are welcome, if accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Time-Based Workouts: We run the group workouts by time rather than distance since we have a wide variety of paces, everyone runs for the same amount of time, and gets the same amount of recovery (usually 3 minutes between each repeat).
Winter 2016 Schedule
|02/02/2016||Ladder 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 minutes|
|02/16/2016||10x2 minutes |
|02/23/2016||3x7 minutes, 4x200|
|03/01/2016||5x6 minutes (straights/curves, 200/200, 400/200)|
|03/15/2016||Ladder 4,6,8,6,4,2 minutes|
|03/29/2016||3x7 minutes, 4x200|
Recommended pace for your intervals is typically your 1 mile pace-10k pace, depending on your goals andthe length of time of the interval.
But you are welcome to run at whatever pace you choose (and that may include walking and easy jogging for beginner runners and those recovering
from injuries, hard races, etc.) You are also welcome to do your own workout rather than follow the group workout.
Some resources to help you determine your own training pace.
Please follow the following guidelines:
- The 2 inside lanes are reserved for faster running and speedwork. Please stay in the outside lanes if you are walking, and during
warm-ups, drills, and recovery intervals.
- If you hear a runner coming from behind, please move to the OUTSIDE of the track. Faster runners wishing to pass in the inside
lane should yell "track."
- Do not form a blockade by walking or running more than 2 abreast.
We typically spend the first 15 minutes jogging slowly, followed by some strides and/or drills. Here are some
resources that explain and demonstrate these concepts:
Email Coach Cindy